Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful - A Follow Up If You Were Following

I'm thankful to be able to do what I love to do. 
I thought that this would be no more than a glorified hobby,
and it has not only become my career of some sort, but a huge part of my life. 
I have been fortunate enough to be blessed with the most wonderful clients ever.
Each client who is actually now a friend. 

I still get excited when I get an e-mail from my web-site about a prospect/client.
It's my first peek into their world. Sometimes they tell me a little about themselves;
sometimes they even talk about some of you -
and what they have read and have seen here from what I post. 
Opening those e-mails is like opening up an unexpected gift. It never get's old for me.

The day that I opened one up from some random person about the whole grammar thing -
it was the last thing I expected. It caught me completely off guard.
I felt like the girl with her skirt stuck in her stockings, who is showing off her rear to the world.
As if that wasn't bad enough -
getting a letter sent home about it...after spending the day out and about. Oy vey!

As mortified, humiliated and sad as I was - believe it or not I was thankful. 
'Cause really...you want to know when you have spinach in your teeth, right? 
I kinda felt that way a little. 
I also thought - 'wow...85% of my clients are teachers,
 and if he is saying something about my grammar...what are they seeing and not saying?!'

I tried to ignore it, but I couldn't. I wanted to address it, but I didn't want to come off as a whiner
or sound bitter over the whole thing. I agonized over it and then came to the conclusion
that some people will accept it and some might become more aware of my weakness.
It is what it is.

I wasn't really expecting a response. I was just really posting a 'disclosure.'
But the notes that flooded my e-mail, this blog and my FB wall were some
 of the most touching things I have ever read. 

All I can say is thank you. 
From my toes to my nose, I'm filled with gratitude for what you all have given me:
the wonderful comments, the heartfelt words. The passion. The sincerity. 
Each and every one of you that took the time out of your day to write to me - 
words fall short of what it meant to me. 

I have much to be thankful for this year as I do every day. 
This little business has gone in a direction that I never expected or saw coming. 
I wouldn't be here today without the help of the most wonderful people ever. 

My family, who puts up with my crazy schedule,
late nights and cereal on the table some nights instead of a hot meal;
my husband who has gotten me through this hectic season by helping out with the kids
and taking off from work to balance the craziness;
my sister for all the little things that add up to be huge;
my graphic designer who is sooo patient with me, and not only comes up 
with fabulous unique designs, but is also at times my therapist.
Not that I really need one ; ) 
You can check out her Etsy shop here.  
My wonderful mentor Peter Tellone who has been so gracious with his time to help show me the way.
Take a peek into his world and amazing gift prints here.
And last but certainly not least, I'm thankful for each and every reader who 
puts up with my grammar hiccups, 
shares in my client's memories, and some of mine. 

Thanks(for)giving!

p.s.

And because posts are so much better with a picture...
I'm thankful for the delicious looking treats my MIL whipped up for the feast. 
They were gobbled up quick!





No comments: