Monday, September 26, 2011

The Value of Time - Ms. Sarafina's First Birthday Portraits



Happy first birthday Ms. Sarafina!


 5 outfit changes, and a few props later...she was still this happy.
What a sweetheart!


I can't. Even. Stand. The. Cuteness. 


I see a very good mix of Mom and Dad in this next one.


A balloon to a child, I somtimes think, is like a million dollars to an adult.


Don't believe me?!
Here's further proof.


 A child not only teaches us about life and ourselves, but also the value of time.
That it's okay to sit down for a minute to take in the day, the moment, the wonder of it all.
It's okay to leave the dishes in the sink and the laundry in the baskets.
They won't notice.
But you will.

Maybe you'll have a minute longer to think how much has changed since you first met them.
How much they have grown, and really how we have grown within the first year of having a child.

Value is what we make of it.
So make the most out of it.
Sometimes, even for adults...maybe it should be...all about the 'balloon'.

***

Sarafina, my wish for you is that you keep your wonderful curiosity and big ambitions which helped
you accomplish so many milestones this year...for life's big ride.
That, along with your happy disposition and love of 'balloons' will take you far.

p.s.

I'm thinking I may have talked in a riddle up there.
I may have lost a few of you on this last post.
Sorry. It's late.
I hope some of you got it.
Literally and figuratively speaking ; )





There are 365 days in a year.

8,760 hours.

525,600 minutes.

31,536,000 seconds.

All have which have been made better, fuller and more precious...

by one tiny person.

1 comment:

Nichole said...

Three words for you...
AH-MAY-ZING!!! How do I begin to thank you for these beautiful memories that you created and captured for us. A year and 9 months have passed and worth every minute!!! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!