Monday, June 28, 2010

Pure Country

I had the most amazing opportunity to photograph the most charming and adorable little girl ever! Ms. True Marie was quite a sight in her big picture hat and delightful bare feet. Her giggle reminded you of how fairies would sound and her eyes literally sparkled (even when she wasn't smiling). Some children have an inner spark, and that my readers was True.

I tried a different post processing technique to give the images a bit of an oil painting feel. I would love to hear what you think of it.

The lyrics to this song kept re-playing in my mind, it just seemed to fit...

"I can remember when you fit in the palm of my hand.
You felt so good in it; no bigger than a minute.
How it amazes me you're changin' with every blink.
Faster than a flower blooms, they grow up all too soon.
So let them be little,
'Cause they're only that way for a while.
Give 'em hope, give them praise,
Give them love every day.
Let 'em cry, let 'em giggle,
Let 'em sleep in the middle,
Oh, but let them be little."

Thank you for letting me enjoy your company True and your very happy disposition. It was such a treat to be around pure joy!

There is something about this image that I just love. Maybe it's the wispy hair, the hat, the dress, the feet, the stance, the background...ahh, heck, I just like it!


Childhood is so fleeting, and this for me somehow captured a tiny bit of innocence...



This is my 'out of the box' image. I try to catch something a bit unexpected with every session. Like in my last session, the couple with the balloones and the man on the bike. A little different is refreshing to me. While 'different' might not be everyone's cup of tea, I enjoyed the different angle of the next image. It has a 'moody' feel and fun composition to me.




I can literally hear her laughing here...




{ Pure JOY }




What a face, huh?



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG these came out spectacular!!!!

Robyn Bridson said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!! Stacey you sure have caught the inter and outer beauty of this little one! I love them all! You somehow catch on film what so many can't! Keep up the stellar work!

wendy wendy said...

You are just incredibly talented... beauty is what it is... but you are a beauty bender!!