Monday, May 2, 2011

My Tool Box - Make-Up Monday

I have a slight obsession.
I can literally open my own make-up store. My husband can attest.
In fact - he went out and bought me industrial tool boxes to keep me organized. Like from Lowes, not Sephora.

I'm not loyal to any particular brand - I wear what works.
I do not stop until I find a product that I love.
Even when I do, I'm sadly never satisfied - so I continue to find a more perfect product.
I figured with all of the research and money I have spent, I can save my readers a few bucks
and some endless searching of their own.

I shop at Sephora, Ulta, MAC, Lancome, Chanel, and Givenchy (many more as well).
I am not however above your general drug store. In fact, most of my faves can be found there.

This all started actually this past weekend when I realized I left my make-up bag at a hotel.
It was like I left my right arm there. It was all of my faves.
So off to the drug store I went to buy an eye lash curler. I know random.
But I can't live without one. It's like a mini face lift for me.

Shu Uerma is the creme de la creme of tools and what I had.
In desperation I picked up the first one I saw and let me tell you,
 it was the best $5.99 I spend in a while.

This little lovely is different. It's curved, well more like slanted.
I have no idea why this wasn't invented sooner. It angles up to one side not straight across curved.
It grips so nicely and flips the lashes so dramatically.
I felt like I looked a little bit more wide eyed and slept a bit longer - even though that wasn't the case. 

I found this beauty at CVS - next to the Sally Hansen section, with the make-up brushes and such.
The brand is 'Essence of Beauty'. It also said 'new & improved' - so make sure you check for that too.

Just in case you thought I was kidding. I sooo wasn't.
Stanley Tool Kits.



Embarrassing enough, I like them.
Shhh just don't tell my husband. He might buy me a tool shed when I ask him for a studio! ; )

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I haven't stopped by in awhile but I always love your blog and of course your photos!
Take care,
Stacey